Headline: Changes to Hyperdome Shopping Centre in accordance with Queensland Government mandates – 1 April 2021
The Queensland Government has announced that the hard lockdown of Greater Brisbane will end at 12pm on Thursday 1 April.
However, until Thursday 15 April, there will be an extension of some restrictions, including:
- There will be a requirement to continue to wear a mask in indoor settings, including shopping centres, retail outlets, gyms and indoor recreational facilities, along with a requirement to carry one at all times. The Government also recommends people wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5 metres from other people, such as busy walkways and thoroughfares.
- See the Queensland Government COVID-19 page for a full list of locations).
- While restaurants and cafes can reopen for seated eating and drinking, standing service remains prohibited.
- Density limits will return to the one person per two square metres rule.
We have implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to this directive, including:
- All Centre staff and contractors will be required to wear masks while at work, unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Signage that clearly reminds our community that they must adhere to the government mandate and not enter the Centre without a face mask unless they are exempt.
- Close work with local Police in monitoring our community’s adherence to this new directive, reminding our community of this directive and asking those that aren’t wearing face masks, without a valid reason, to leave the Centre.
For more information on what these latest directives mean for you please visit https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/urgent-covid-19-update.